Writing has always been the toughest. I find it hard to find the eloquence to write my thoughts. When I think, I find thoughts and words so cohesive and steady. When I write I lose my train my thought. Maybe its because my mind works faster than my hand so there is always this break of flow.

I'm gonna start by writing the idea to the music video so it won't get forgotten in the shuffle.

I got the first few seconds in detail, the rest is just an outline.
As the story started to shape in my head and I realized I won't be able to do it, I decided to use my time on developing something more innovative and less costly 😟

Here it goes...

A man sits and writes on a piece of paper, at his desk at home. There is an open laptop and a desk lamp on the desk. He writes the lyrics of the song on paper. The clock hits 12:00 am.
Dissatisfied, he crumbles the paper and aims for the trash can. He misses. Disappointed, he turns back to writing. BOOM !
The bulb in the lamp explodes. Total darkness. We hear stumbling and breaking sounds.
Lights On. The man's fingers are on the light switch; jaw dropped and eyes wide open. The chair is on the floor. the lamp is on the floor. And his laptop lies broken on the floor.

The song starts

This guy is gonna have the worst day ever. He will be late for work. His car won't work. We can think of the worst things possible. Like printer jam. Getting fired from work. Getting mugged. The day just keeps getting worse and everything is getting a toll on him.

On the other hand, we start seeing a kid who's wearing a knight's custom. He rehearses for the school play enthusiastically. Everyone is busy back stage as the play is about to begin.

We intermingle the man's day with the kid in the play. We see heroic and beautiful scenes in the fairytale play, including meeting the princess, Knighthood, the princess kidnapping, riding the high seas and fighting the dragon and rescuing the princess, etc.

As these two stories play out, we get the link through the mother in the audience. She's disappointed with the father for not showing up. She tries calling and texting but with no success.

Eventually the man makes it at the end of the play after a enduring the impossible. He reaches while the crowd is in standing ovation to the young actors. The kid sees his father, priceless.

Off course they all hug at the end 😋
The man gets a text on his wife's mobile. Something along this line.."We love your script, lets talk"
Happiness and success.

There is a lot of emotion that can be invoked in this story. The kid's anticipation and hope to see his father. The man's desperation and drive to see his kid. The mother's struggle with doubt. There is a lot of development needed to move it away from cheese or satirical.

The End.

I can't shoot that. Not with the budget I've got.

I made some research on the web for music video production companies. I can't believe it 😱
Creating a decent video is gonna be harder than I thought. I looked at companies that would create a video around the 5K to 10K area. Besides having some decent gear and some good location, the rest doesn't cut it. Acting 😱 editing 😕 directing 😳 innovation 😩

I'm sure these companies can do better with higher budgets, but some of the most recommended ones have demos for previous work that is so awful. How can they do that?
I have to do more in-depth research.

Here is a dream that won't come true... Someone sees this post. Likes it. Gets pumped up and decides to help me to bring the vision to life 😇

I talked to the producer; he's working on the song. "Almost" he said. He asked for the lyrics today. I sent it.

The song is called "Chasing Unicorns" by the way.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog