"Chasing Unicorns"

They call a privately owned company that crosses one billion in valuation a "Unicorn".
In my song, I'm chasing unicorns with an "S" 😋 Well..I'm almost at one dollar.
Actually "Chasing Unicorns" means chasing what's mystical and unreal.

This song came out of nowhere. I didn't have it in my timeline. It wasn't written.
Here is how it came about.

I had already finished my work on "Down the Aisle" and I was getting ready to release the video and unleash the song to the world (Emoji bitting his nails)...But there was also a sense of hope that people would embrace the video and share it.

The moment of truth. February 14, 2017. Valentine's day. A perfect day for the song.
I started marketing on Facebook and Youtube. My target, English speaking countries.
As the days went by nothing happened 😳 I had no reach. I saw my budget spent and my hopes crumbling down.

I remember I was staring at my Facebook page in amazement and wonder. I saw the page but I didn't see it. I saw broken dreams . I saw "what can I do now". I saw another failure. I saw "Am I not good enough".

Suddenly I started singing...😱

"If you feel that it's not going right
And you're sure that your losing the fight"

These two lines made feel worse. "Don't sing again stupid. Don't get carried away"

And here we are now...
I'm at least working on the song. That's a good sign. Lets hope its not a disappointment.

I contacted a company that have some nice demos, regarding the music video. Here is what I wrote to them:
---------------
Hi guys,
Great work.
I'm looking to make a motion graphics music video for my new song. It's going to be 3 -3.5 minutes long. It's going to be Pop/Dance song. I'm looking for something very innovative and creative...

Here is a link to my youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNHe1k5TPYkM8EHLiaDkL_w

We will work back and forth until we have something great...

I hope you would be interested to work on my project..Please give me an estimated budget

Thanks
---------------

It'll probably be a couple of weeks before I can give them something they can work with, but if they are interested, this would give us enough time to start discussing the video. I hope I can finish it by the time I'm finished with the song. Right now I think it's gonna drag for a month or two after I'm finished 😣

I'm sending my mail to the promotion company tomorrow. My fingers crossed.

I saw the classico today. Wow. Great match. That's why I love football. This was an epic action movie
I'm a barca guy myself, but I always like to watch good football by any team, nonetheless. Messi was amazing and Ronaldo acted 😩

Comments

Popular posts from this blog