My plan was to start today's blog with a graphic art I did a while ago. However, the external Hard Drive won't boot. Stupid hard disk 😡


Yes, when everything else fails. You can put a picture of a cute cat and dog. Everybody loves that.

I got a great idea...
It might actually work since I'm Muslim. My name is Ahmed. And I'm Egyptian. Also, I haven't shaved in a couple of weeks, so that's a plus.

I could kidnap a famous person... Someone important...
Definitely the media would cover that. When they ask for my demands, I'll demand that my song gets downloaded at least a million times. People should buy it, not the government in bulk.
This might actually work 😝

I like the more dramatic ending...

I'm cornered in Starbucks (Not a Sponsor) with the celebrity.  We're having Latte.
Swat team closes in, demanding my surrender. There is a media frenzy outside. People gathered around their TVs.
As I put my hand in my pocket...The Swat team shoots...
In slow motion,  I fall to the floor, as the song tape flies from my hand and onto the floor too.
We hit the floor, dramatically, at the same time 😥 (Sad music in the background)
The celebrity cries (Noooooo...)

As people rush in to cover the incident, a swat team member picks up the tape. The celebrity, as the paramedics hand her a drink and put a towel on her shoulder, asks him to play the tape .  
He puts the tape in the stereo and plays away....

When they realize that I wasn't a terrorist and that I was just an indie artist trying to get heard, everybody will cry and mourn, while listening to my song. 

I'll be dead but I might be more successful than right now 😆

I just hope that they don't come out and say that this is the new way terrorists communicate. There are hidden coded messages in the song. I was planning something big with it 😱
That would be hilarious 😂

I'm joking. I'm kidding.
---------------------------------------
This is the first time I edit a written blog. The PR company advised me to be clear that my nefarious plan above was just a joke. It never occurred to me that someone would take it seriously, I apologize. I hope that being Muslim and Arab has nothing to do with it? I better go shave my beard 😂
---------------------------------------

Here is something that's vaguely related.
I saw the movie "Colossal" a couple weeks ago. It was an ok movie. Great idea. Bad execution.
Anyway, MINOR SPOILER ALERT....

The female lead (Anne Hathaway) travels to Seoul in the movie. She just decides to go and goes.

This kind of movie won't work in Egypt or most of the Middle Eastern countries. 
We have to apply for a visa, which needs a lot of preparation before hand. We have to wait to get an appointment for an interview, and then pray to God that we don't get rejected afterwards. There is no impulsive decisions here, everything is calculated.

I've always found it annoying not being able to do that. Being able to go anywhere without complications and approvals.

The irony is I was very close to achieving that but I threw it away. Stupid as usual.
Yeah, I lived in the United States for 8 years. I had the Green Card, but I left before becoming a citizen. Now the Green Card has expired and I might not be able to get in the United States again, or any other country that requires a visa. Bumper 😫 

It's ok...There is still a lot to explore in Egypt 😭

I met the producer and told him my concerns about the song. He told me he needs sometime to complete the first draft, so we can send it to the singer. I reckon about two weeks. 
We have two singers in mind. I'll probably ask them to audition. We'll see how that goes when the time comes.

Everyone that hears the current drop (musical chorus), likes it. The producer is determined to replace  it though. He called it "childish". I still have no problem hearing what he will come up with.

The promotion company prepared a press release to send to the relevant outlets. They did a good job with what they had, which isn't much. 

I emailed the promotion company's manager and asked for a Skype meeting. 
I have a couple things in mind and would like his advice.

I'm concerned that when the relevant outlets decide...if they decide to visit any of my Social Media, they will find that they're alone in the desert. Would it make a difference if there is interaction? Is the promotion company able to help with that? How much would I have to pay?

Also, I would like to share with him the bigger picture and hear his advice. I have another song on the way. And if this campaign is not successful, it should at least pave the way for the next.

I'm still a little bit hesitant on spending any more money, before I see any results from the current campaign, but listening won't hurt. I can decide afterwards.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog