I wish I was able to put out a new piece of music with every blog. A free jam session. A snippet of a song in development. That would be awesome. 
But since I only have lyrics and melodies. Taking any step in music is costly. To output anything decent, I have to hire somebody. It's true that sometimes I lay my ideas on Garageband , but it's something you don't want to hear 😬

Here are some T-shirt designs that I did a while back, around mid 2000's. They're ok. 
This is not the graphic art I wanted to share yesterday but I'm just trying to keep the audience engaged. 

A breakdown of my audience right now:
• Few people from the PR company: I wanna thank them for their time and efforts. Sincerely. 

• The spirits: I also wanna thank them for their time, although I know they have all the time in the world 😉 "Spirits, I know you are trying to leave positive comments but frustrated because your fingers are going through the keyboards. You can learn a thing or two from Patrick Swayze in "Ghost". However, I recommend that you go to the light. Go to light. Spirits, I will miss you".

So...I talked to people from the PR company today and I also got my first report. Some outlets actually accepted my material. It's kinda surreal because it never happened. Am I dreaming 😴
I don't know any of those outlets, but that's no surprise. I actually expected it. I'm not an expert on music outlets in the UK, or any place else. What? I was hoping to be on Rolling Stones, or "Smash Hits" (I bought a lot of those growing up 😊)
Things build up and I have to start somewhere. The influence of these outlets is what's relevant. They are all just means to reach fans, and all I'm concerned about is conversions. How many fans would I get? That's what's important when everything is said and done, by the end of this campaign.

I also discussed with them social media. I know this is a big ocean by itself and marketing is all about spending more, unless off course you get very lucky. I'm talking something like one in a gazillion..Lets scrap that one off. They mentioned Twitter, they mentioned graphic design. All things that I know are essential. Juggling a limited budget makes me feel chained. 
I'm not complaining, I have a bigger budget than more struggling artists, but it's nothing in the music business world. I have to plan and spend wisely. They also mentioned their ability to assist with singers, mixers, etc. It's not a bad thing. Having more options is always good. 

I called Mostafa the producer two times yesterday, to see where we at with the song. He never answered. He left me a message today that he is pretty ill. Hope you get well soon Mo 😷

I'm always nervous when I'm at a lull and anxious to move forward. Right now, I'm always thinking,"Would I pick the right singer?". "Would he be able to give me a performance?" "How would the song sound with his voice?"(I hope better). "Should I go with the mixer that Mostafa is recommending?". "How would the song sound with the guitars?" "Is the final product going to be any good?" "How would I handle the Music Video?", etc.

So many questions, that by moving forward, I get to erase some of them.
I'll try Mostafa again tomorrow

Here is what's written on the blue shirt:

In a blue world,
the green people didn’t like the orange people
the violet people thought they’re better than the pink people
Indigo people were struggling, cyan people were isolated
magenta people disagreed with rubine people....

they all died from the plague....

I'm just stating the obvious. 
I actually feel preachy, but just can't understand the state of the world today.
If we are all the same, why are we so different? Couldn't we all see beyond color, race, religion,etc.
We are all coming and going. I wish I was immortal 😜 Actually, I wish I was superman. I would've made a terrible superman. I don't think I'm good enough to handle such responsibility. Saving people would be really fulfilling. Flying is gonna be incredible. But how about those times I'm lazy. How about the people I can't save. If I had these powers, I'd probably be selfish and keep them to myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog