"May God protect us"
"May God make things easy"

 I use these two phrases a lot. In arabic off course.

"May God protect us" in arabic = "Rabena Yostor" (more or less)
"May God make things easy"  in arabic = "Rabena Yessahel"

These two phrases are common phrases. Everybody says them, but I think I use them too much....Actually I wish I could use them more often..like all the time 😌

Sometimes God wants to assure me that he's beside me and that he's got my back.
I always believed in that.  I always felt lucky. No matter the situation I get myself into, God always lends a helping hand in the right time. I'm blessed.

I don't have a number one hit yet. I'm not a billionaire and there is still so many things that I want.
But what happened last Thursday, reminded me that I'm not alone.

To tell this story, I have to start from the start, so bear with...😬

When I write, I write my point of view.
In life, I always try to do what's right but I'm definitely not right all the time. I'm might have hurt people, angered people, upset people, disappointed people, talked condescendingly to people. And I might not have even seen it 😱
I apologize to everyone.

Anyways...
This story started on a Thursday, about two months ago...
As I mentioned before, I was doing marketing for my friend Dr. H., the Real Estate Developer.
Dr. H. called me that day. He was very upset. Things at the office are getting out of hand. The Sales Team are giving him a hard time. He was planning to fire the Sales Manager.

I asked him not to take any decisions while he's upset, and accepted his request to meet the next day.

Dr. H. is a faculty member and is absent many days from the office. When we met the next day, he asked me to do something besides the marketing. He asked if I can come to the office more often. If I can try to fix things. At least for a couple of months. I had a great relation with everyone in the office, including the Sales Team, so I accepted on two conditions:
1. He must be clear to the Sales Team that I will manage them
2. He must let me do my job

I'm realizing that this could take, too too long.

Let me fast forward to last Thursday...
I hadn't gone to the office for a while. The Sales Team and I were not communicating, not even talking. The consensus from the Sales Team was that the marketing is a failure. That I'm not doing my job. I received the updates from Dr. H., who I felt was swayed and had his doubts.

Anyways, many times during that week I told Dr. H. "If you are not happy with what I'm doing, hire someone else" I think he didn't want to do that because we are friends.

Last Thursday, he called me and asked me to come to the office to create an Advertisement. He, and the remaining member of the Sales Team will give their inputs. It was clear that this was like a showdown. An ultimatum. This is the Ad. that's going to lay everything to rest.

I felt cornered and put under the microscope. I was very nervous and agitated.
The meeting was very tense. The Sales guy kept accusing me of un-innovative Ads., bad targeting and just plain disaster. I saw my friend in the grey zone. In reality, at least to me, the Ads. were doing fine, in line with our budgets; the problem was in the conversion process.

After an hour, we came up with a half cooked Ad. that looked like all the previous Ads and targeted to the same audience exactly 😳 I did the Ad. like I did all the previous Ads. but I had to do right there and then.
At that point, I felt I needn't argue.  I did what I can. The only thing that bothered me is that my friend might actually think I was lousy if the outcome is trivial. This could shake our friendship even though it has nothing to do with it.

On the way back home, I called my cousin, who is a Real Estate marketing expert and a person I trust completely. The call went something like this:

Me: Hi Mo, can you please take a look at this new Ad. and give me your opinion and some pointers?
Mo: Ok. But you have to know that the market is dead right now. Don't expect feedback. I stopped advertising a week ago because it was not worth it.
(Mo usually spends double our budget and has 200 times our fans 😱)
Me: Thank you for the great news. Nobody will buy that 😂

I checked the Ad. on Thursday night.... disappointment
I checked the Ad. on Friday morning.... frustration
I checked the Ad. on Friday night.... 😮😆😆😆😆
Unprecedented success.

Saturday... Super Star!

Everyone was amazed. The outcome was so overwhelmingly positive. There was no doubt anymore. The apartments got sold. I felt like a champion 😎 I felt justice and generosity from God.

That's my little story...

I talked to the producer a couple days ago. He was very receptive. I can't wait to hear the next iteration of the song.
I'm thinking of doing some digital marketing with the PR company. I just need to focus.
I haven't given the music video a thought for a while. I've been very busy. I need to give it some thought and some action. I just need to get the singer part out of the way first, at least.

Saw  "Rings" today...
Some movies are just plain dumb. It's not "The Ring" anymore. It's just flakes and ideas from the first movie. What a waste 😒

Comments

Popular posts from this blog