Why do I write this blog?
All the editorials online that talk about "How to become a successful musician/artist" recommend writing a blog as a way of acquiring fans. Other advices include website, Social Media presence and doing gigs. I don't do gigs yet 🤘so I'm trying to widen my chances 🙏
Also it would be a testament of my success or failure. As I wrote this, my heart started pounding so quickly. Oh how beautiful or miserable this blog could end. Being at the start is really nerve wrecking.

I'm gonna share with you my first email update to my friend who funds the project. Its incredible how he decided to believe in me and help me but also the trust that we share is very rare these days.
That gets me to the next point. I'm so worried I would waste his money. I'm not gonna waste it, I just hope he never thinks that. Even if he doesn't think so. I will feel very bad and ashamed 😓

Lets hope it doesn't come to this. If I see its not working, I'll keep losses to a minimum.

One of my true concerns is the capital I have or would get. My friend is giving me more than I could have possibly imagined but its not what I had in mind when we talked. Music videos are gonna be a problem (Innovation). Marketing has to be on target and well planned.

Instead of a trying to test marketing approaches, audiences and platforms, I had to stop marketing for the time being. I was planning to output two new artworks every week on our Facebook page to keep the page fresh but I stopped that too. I was planning to get someone to play the last song acoustic, scrapped. The up side to all this, I started writing the blog 😂

Anyhow I'm grateful for him. I will do the best with what I have and try to spend it wisely as I can.
I hope someone listens before all the money is spent 🤑

Here is my first update. I'm not gonna do this often:
-----------------
-----------------

"Hi,

Hope all is well. Here is the latest update since we last talked.

First, thanks for the money...Lets hope its spent well :-)

- We didn't get the singer I told you about. He didn't come that night when we were supposed to meet him. Most probably I'll go with online vocalist like last time. Egyptians have egos.

- I met the producer on Thursday and started working on the song. I gave him ------ LE, half his payment. I hope I can hear a draft by early next week. My fingers crossed.

- Withdrew ------ LE and put it in the internet card to cover Facebook and YouTube advertisement for the month of March. We'll probably spend no more than ------ LE this month. 

- We owe Facebook around ------ LE. I already stopped Facebook ads since two weeks ago.

- I advertise with YouTube every weekend. I spend ------ LE per day. Building up views.

- I'm keeping marketing to a minimal now until its time to market.

Here is a link to the updated income statement. 
"__________________________________________"

Good Luckkkkk.

-----------------
-----------------

I sound really stupid 😂 but I hope it was clear.

I wanted to talk today about the idea for the music video. Yeah, the one I'm not going to do. The one in fairyland but I already wrote too much. I need to save things for next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog