Ever since I can remember I wanted to make music but I never got the chance.

Now I’m 44, married with two beautiful daughters.

I graduated from Medical School. I studied graphic design. I even got a diploma in Health Care and Hospital Management. My last job was managing two companies. An Advertising company and a LED lighting company.

I was making decent money. I had a career. But I always felt I’m out of place. I was like a light that was turned off. Inside me was hollow and dark. The only sparks that glittered through the darkness is when I would drift away and think about music.

I finally got the finances and courage to say, “I have to do this. I have to believe.”

See, where I come from this is the most unorthodox way of life. I got to have a job. I got to follow the path.  And I’ve been doing it till it wore me down.

They commend me on my talent but tell me to stay put.  They tell me I’m great but I should keep it as a hobby.

They don’t know the high I get from a like or a positive comment. Artists want to be heard. They want to see the effect of their work on other people.  They share themselves and feel nirvana when they touch someone’s heart.

I’m fighting an uphill battle since I don’t sing anymore and don’t play an instrument. But I write songs. This, I know I do well.  
Struggling with confidence and fighting with faith is an every day confrontation.

But as the doors say “The time to hesitate is thru”
Now more than ever I want to be a role model for my kids. I want to tell them someday “I followed my dreams. I had hope and perseverance and followed my heart and I accomplished the impossible”.

Instead of telling them “I had a dream one day but the odds were too high”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog