The start of a new song is always hazy. I thought I had everything set. I met the producer on Monday and we started discussing the track. We were so supposed to audition a singer for the song. He was referred to me by the producer. His soundcloud tracks were great and he was presentable. We waited for him but he never showed up. When I contacted him, he said his bicycle had a flat tyre !
Its so weird how some people behave. Its some times hard to understand peoples' motives especially if they are not direct.

Anyway, I don't have a vocalist yet and that sucks. I asked the producer to think if he can recommend someone else but I know its hard to find a good English vocalist in Egypt. The good ones will demand a hefty fee, and they're so full of ego. If I can't find one soon, I'll put out an ad. And if we can't find good, reasonable vocalist in Egypt, I'll just look outside like last time.

This song is much harder than the one before. At least the last time I gave the producer a demo. This one all I can do is sing the melody. Its not clear yet how it will shape up. Its so scary because I don't have the luxury to try. I have to get it right from the first time. The beat, the instruments, the vocals. The producer can give me some layaway but I can't go back and start from scratch. One of the positives is what I learnt from the first track so somethings will be clearer and I can guide the producer better.

I talked the promotion company and told them that I would need to find a clear timeline for the next song before I can start any promotion. This is one thing I know I have to do if I want to get anywhere.
If I make the greatest song in the world and nobody knows about it, then its useless.
I need coverage, I need the song to be played on the radio and this requires promotion, real promotion. But working with people that you don't know and didn't meet is not easy. Can you trust that they will do their job. I made my research and tried to pick the most reliable company I can find. Sometimes you just need to dive in and hope you've made the right decision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog