Another day. Some days are optimistic and some days are pessimistic. Today is "What should I do day" I called the producer and were going to meet on Thursday. I hope nothing changes. I'm so looking forward to hearing something to put me up or down. I need to give more direction but afraid my direction will ruin the song. Would I be able to give these directions and be able to communicate what I want. That's why Thursday is very important.

Tomorrow is Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Days to all mothers out there. Especially my mother whom I totally adore.
Its still kinda hard to grasp fatherhood. I see my kids playing around me and I say to myself "I'm a father 😱". How should fathers behave? Am I doing the right thing now for them or not? When should I shout? I need them to be kind, confident. I want them to feel special. I hope the best for our kids and all the kids in the world.

I Want to see Kong: Skull Island. Some movies are made to be experienced in the cinema. I want to see it before its gone. That reminded me of when I went to see Rogue One.
Yes, I'm one of those people who got shaped by Star Wars.
Anyway, I kept telling my friends (two actually) we need to go see Rogue One and we kept postponing until I realized its starting to disappear from the cinemas. So I said to myself "I gotta see this in the cinema". It was only showing in two cinemas. One, that's so far away but good and the other is closer but I never went there before.
I choose the closer one because the only free time I had was for the 3-6 showing. Egypt, traffic at that time is the stuff of legends.
I was so excited, when I got my ticket and got in the cinema. Only to realize the screen was a little bigger than my TV at home 😡😩
But once I sat down. I said cool. I'm all alone in the cinema. I have my pepsi and Nachos. I'm gonna enjoy the movie. The first trailer was for Annabelle 2. Talk about starting to feel that being alone in the cinema is not such a good idea after all 😂
The movie started and for the first 20 minutes I was in Heaven. Then all hell broke loose. 30 kids and their teachers (mommies?) came in. The kids took over the three rows in front of me. The teachers didn't attend. They would come inside every now and then, and talk to the kids from the row behind me. Talk to each other or throw the kids some drinks over my head 😶  For them, it was a picnic in every single sense. The kids were not watching. They were actually playing on their mobiles and discussing the newest Messi shoe, while making deals on how many popcorns should be exchanged for a nacho 😳
I had fun though and the movie was great. I liked it better than The Force Awakens. Its not a perfect movie but a great addition to the Star Wars galaxy. The uncanny valley is still there with Princess Leia and Grand Moff Tarkin but we are getting there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog